Feast of the squash, October 20th, 2019 in Chateauneuf de Grasse
Cucurbitaceae in the spotlight
The Squash Festival in Châteauneuf has become a must-attend event. Come share soup, gratins, pies …. and discover a multitude of varieties of cucurbitaceae and giant squash.
Squash is also the vegetable of solidarity, as every year, the profits of the party will be donated to humanitarian associations, come and you will contribute to doing a good deed.
Sunday, October 20th, 2019
In the Town Hall Square, from 10am:
– The pleasure of the taste buds will not be forgotten with many delicious recipes based on squash: pies, soup …
– An exhibition of giant squash,
– A multitude of varieties of edible and decorative cucurbit: painted, cut squash, squash lamps, pottery, salt dough; a lot of imagination and surprises,
– And always the scarecrow contest, then to your scissors, glue, string to participate.
– Squash weighing competition
– 1st contest of the sweet pumpkin pie
– The little ones will be able to have fun with games: fishing, make-up, cuts of squash, carousel and tale …
– Magic under the pines
– Folklore with Lei Messuguié
Free admission – Animations for all
As every year the benefits of the party will go to 3 associations for humanitarian or social purpose.
This year the assisted associations will be the association ‘AFPJR’ (creation of a sensory course for people with disabilities at Foyer RIOU in Châteauneuf), the association ‘For a smile of Céline’ (projects at the IME Swallows in Biot which hosts an audience with disabilities), the association ‘SOS Dogs aged’ (pet project for elderly people during hospitalization …).
For any information : +33(0)4 93 42 52 70